Tuesday 30 April 2013

The Curse Of The Bogle's Beard P1

This post is a blurb for the Curse of the Bogle's Beard...

Meet Barnaby. He is very adventurous but when Barnaby's dad disappears, it is up to Barnaby to prove to his mum that Granny Hogsflesh is responsible. But how responsible is she? Is she even slightly responsible? When Barnaby is forced to move into her house, things start to become weird. Creepy noises in the night, rooms becoming messy with no one there and a mysterious locked cellar. But soon Barnaby discovers a book and a diary with secrets about his grandma that his mum didn't know about...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review of my book, Danny. I hope you enjoyed it. Good luck with your blog. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like this book, Siobhan. I'm using this book for my school project so there are more bits to come! Also, I have just finished The Revenge of the Ballybogs. I also thought that that was a great book. The ending was really good! Please may you leave a comment answering these questions that I have thought of:

      How did you think of these books?

      How did you find out about my blog?

      When did you start writing the first book?

      Have you always wanted to be an author?

      Thanks,

      Danny

      Delete
  2. Hi again, Danny,
    When I was little, I was very scruffy and my dad used to call me a 'tatty bogle'. I thought it would be fun to write a book about a boy who discovers that he actually is a bogle,(or part bogle.)
    I started writing Bogle's Beard about 5 years ago. It takes quite a long time to get published, doesn't it. I'm working on a new book at the moment which will be out next year, and has nothing to do with bogles.
    When I was growing up I wanted to be a detective (like The Secret Seven), but when I couldn't find any real mysteries to solve I started writing stories about them instead.
    I found out about your blog when I was looking up reviews for my book. I love it when young people take the time to do this, because it's you who I'm writing for. So thank you, and best of luck with your blog.
    Best Wishes
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete